COVID-19 Pandemic: Low Aircraft & Automobile Manufacturing to Obstruct Growth
The demand for caustic soda experienced a decline amid the COVID-19 pandemic. As it is extensively used in chemical, pulp & paper, and water treatment industries globally, shortage of workforce and stringent lockdown measures affected their usage. Also, a slowdown in aircraft and automobile manufacturing has hampered growth. Our detailed research reports will help you gain a complete insight into the industry for choosing the appropriate investment area.
To get to know more about the short-term and long-term impact of COVID-19 on this market, please visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/caustic-soda-market-104711
What Does This Report Contain?
This report includes in-depth information associated with change in material usage, new product launches, and technological advancements. It provides market dynamics based on various factors, such as opportunities, challenges, drivers, hindrances, and dynamics. At the same time, it will deliver a complete insight from the supply side respondents related to market share, distribution, and size.
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Demand from Building & Construction Industry to Aid Growth
The International Aluminum Institute declared that in 2019, the total alumina production was 131,910 thousand metric tons. Sodium hydroxide is considered to be a significant ingredient for alumina production. It is therefore mainly demanded by containers & packaging, transportation, and building & construction industries. Besides, the usage of hybrid cars is set to surge in the upcoming years because of their ability to enhance fuel economy. The metal can also reduce the weight of vehicles. These factors are set to propel the caustic soda market growth in the near future. However, caustic soda is highly corrosive which can cause severe damage to eyes. It may hinder growth.
Organics Segment to Remain at the Forefront Stoked by Usage in Ceramics and Paints
Based on the application, the organics segment generated the largest caustic soda market share in 2019. This growth is attributable to the increasing usage of this inorganic soda in the manufacturing of ceramics, glass, and paints. It is also used in the production of cosmetics and fuel cells.
Rising Government Subsidies to Favor Growth in Asia Pacific
Geographically, Asia Pacific held USD 25,280.17 million in terms of revenue in 2019. The region would lead the market throughout the forthcoming years on account of the increasing consumer spending, interest rates, construction activities, and government subsidies. In 2019, Europe and North America procured more than 25% of the global market. In the U.S., prominent manufacturers have started inclining rapidly towards membrane technology from diaphragm or mercury cell process.
Key Players Focus on Acquisition Strategy to Gain a Competitive Edge
The global market is fragmented with the presence of a large number of prominent companies operating domestically and internationally. Most of them are striving to gain a competitive edge by acquiring local firms. Some of the others are increasing prices of sodium hydroxide to fulfil the high demand. Below are the two latest industry developments:
• March 2020: Brenntag acquired the distribution business of Suffolk Solutions, Inc. It will help the former to enhance its position in the Eastern U.S. and strengthen its supply chain.
• February 2020: OxyChem surged the price of caustic soda to $40/dst. Economic slowdowns in Europe and China have resulted in tremendous pressure on the price of this chemical compound. It has also increased the demand from numerous sectors.
A list of all the renowned caustic soda manufacturers operating in the global market:
• Olin Corporation (Clayton, Missouri, United States)
• Tata Chemicals Limited (India)
• Aditya Birla Chemicals (India) Limited (India)
• Gujarat Alkalies and Chemical Limited (India)
• Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY) (Houston, Texas, United States)
• Formosa Plastics Corporation (Taiwan)
• PPG Industries (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States)
• Xinjiang Zhongtai Chemical Co., Ltd. (China)
• Hanwha Chemical (South Korea)
• Brenntag North America, Inc. (North America)
• Other Key Players